Biz(Talk)2

Talk, talk and more talk about BizTalk

Setting up the BizTalk SharePoint adapter

While deploying a solution that uses the BizTalk adapter for SharePoint, we ran into the following error in the EventLog on the BizTalk box:

Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml

Not exactly helpful when you’re trying to remotely diagnose the root problem!

After a little fact checking, it turns out that we had configured the SharePoint adapter correctly on the SharePoint box, however the BizTalk side of the configuration was trying to contact the SharePoint adapter on the default port 80.  We had installed the adapter into the non-default web site on the SharePoint machine, and it was listening in on a different port.

So, the actual message being returned to BizTalk was the actual HTML page spat back from IIS, telling us that the requested endpoint did not exist (i.e. we got the port wrong), but the client proxy end of the BizTalk adapter was expecting an Xml document, not an HTML document

Advertisements

March 18, 2009 - Posted by | BizTalk | , , ,

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: